I’ve been seeing this Tag floating around a lot on YouTube lately, and I love watching them, because quite honestly I’m a tad nosey. These type of posts always seem to be really popular on my blog so I thought … Continue reading
And so the beauty blogging shall commence once more, and I thought I’d come back with a TAG I’ve seen floating about on the Beauty vloggersphere of YouTube a lot lately. There are so many things I use day in … Continue reading
I’ve been watching loads of these types of videos on YouTube recently and seeing as I’m not brave enough to actually create a YouTube channel for myself, I thought I’d do a little ode to them on my blog. Plus, everyone is always a little curious as to what others carry around in their bags…or is that just me?!
So, this is the bag I use pretty much everyday, a NICA caramel shoulder bag with brown embroidery detail and a butterfly charm. I bought it from Debenhams about 4 years ago and it has lasted me so well, and it’s probably one of the most expensive items I’ve ever bought. I never thought I would ever pay £45 for a handbag (and I never have since!) but this was definitely worth every penny because I’ve got so much use out of it and it’s only suffered a little bit of wear and tear. I absolutely love NICA and think their designs for handbags and purses are always really quirky, and although this isn’t real leather you still can’t deny the quality of it.
And what about the contents, I hear you say, well its fair to say I tend to keep a fair amount of junk in my bag the majority of the time so lets just go from exactly whats in it at this moment in time…
Brown Nica Twist Lock Purse
I had this for Christmas last year, and as I’ve already said I adore Nica in every shape and form. This purse caught my eye as soon as I saw it and I think it was around £20 when my Mam bought it for my in a 20% off day in House of Fraser. It’s a roomy purse with plenty of card slots, and a coin section as well as plenty of space for notes and receipts! I love the lining inside all of Nica’s products aswell they are always really cute and quirky.
Which have more keyrings than actual keys on them. Just have my flat keys, and key for my parents house, usually I would have my car key as well but unfortunately I don’t have my car with me at the moment and it’s living at my parents 😦 Just for the record…one of my prized pocessions is my Back to the Future keyring which I have had for almost 10 years…and even though it’s looking a bit tatty it’s still going strong!!
Ancient in comparison to all the fancy new things the iPhone 4s can do but I still couldn’t be without it. Complete with its very own (though i’m sure not unique) cracked screen feature, but it still works fine and does everything I need it to so I’m not in any hurry to replace it anytime soon. I could never switch to any other model phone after having this though…iPhone forever!!
Radley Spotted Coin Purse
I always keep my change in a seperate purse just because the coin section isn’t very big and I hate when purses go all bulky from being stuffed full of change. I also had this for Christmas last year in a little set from my brother and sister-in-law and it came with a cute little Radley dog key-ring too (“,)
Topshop Cotton Shopping Bag
It might seem strange carrying a bag inside another bag but since the Welsh assembly government decided to make it law to charge for a carrier bag (even crappy Primark ones that are made of recycled paper and fall to pieces!) I always keep this with me. I refuse to pay 5 pence for a carrier bag, especially when I have a million of the things in my house that I always reuse. 🙂
This never leaves my bag because I depend on the train to get me to and from work and I would probably die if I had to pay the full price 4 times a week for my journey. At £26 for a year, you can’t go wrong especially when you say 1/3 on your fare everytime you use it, and make your money back in no time! Plus everyone loves a bit of discount, so I’d recommend anyone eligible to get one! My cute little cupcake case is from Paperchase (£4 I think) and I love it!!
Diary & Pen
Although my life isn’t particularly busy or exciting I like to keep this with me just in case I need to write anything down, and keep track of all the hours I do in work because I have a memory like a sieve! The diary I had for Christmas last year but I have no idea where it is from.
Boots Natural Collection Vanilla Body Spray
This smells absolutely amazing, lasts for ages and is as cheap as chips! I hate aerosol body sprays, how they choke you and everyone around you so this is perfect for me. The bottle is a perfect size to carry around in your bag, not too big or too small. The scent lasts ages on your skin as well so I would definitely recommend it to anyone. (almost run out, must repurchase soon!!)
Aloe Vera Vaseline
A must have in any handbag if you ask me, especially now the weather has started getting colder chapped lips are an always in my life right now especially after coming out of work which is boiling and then out into the freezing cold. I also love the cocoa butter vaseline, but I seem to have lost my pot 😦 and I just don’t like the original because the taste is horrible!
Simple Kind to Skin Revitalising Eye Roll On
Anyone who is a regular reader of my blog will know how much I love simple products and this is no exception and I couldn’t do without this little beauty. It’s great for refreshing my eyes when I’m feeling a bit groggy and great for when I’m feeling a bit drowsy on the train and need a bit of a boost (probably sounds ridiculous but it does genuinely make me feel more awake after I’ve used it) It is also supposed to help reduce dark circles and puffiness which I can’t say I’ve found it does but its definitely great for a little refresh throughout the day. You get 15ml of product and it lasts ages!!
Savlon Blister Plasters
Because if there is anything I moan most about it’s my feet. I spend all of my time of my feet when I am in work and so these are a life saver when it comes to rubbing (me and most shoes do not get on!) They are nice and cushioned so prevent blisters even appearing if you apply them to your most blister prone areas and also ease the pain of any blisters you might already have. They are quite pricey for only 5 in a pack but in desperate times of foot pain they are a god send!
And that’s it folks, not actually as full of junk as I thought it would be, usually it’s full of receipts! Hope you enjoyed!!
Thanks for reading! x
I’ve been having a bit of blog block lately so I thought just to keeps things fresh and ticking over, I’d post this little [TAG] blog which I’ve recently seen floating around YouTube. I know it’s not the usual for the blog but thought it would be nice to just mix things up a little bit 🙂
1.Do you have a middle name? I do indeed, it’s Joanna
2. What was your favourite subject in school? My favourite subject in school was always Media Studies, I studied it from GCSE (aged 16 onwards) and then went on to study it for A Level and at University 🙂 I also loved History at school.
3. What’s your favourite drink? It would have to be Lemon Fanta, just because it always reminds me of being on holiday in Spain.
4. Favourite song at the moment? Something I’ve been listening to a lot lately is the Glee version of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘I Don’t Wanna Know’, and also ‘Cemetary’ by Charlie Simpson
5. What would you name your children? I’ve always liked Joshua for a boy, and also like the name Penny for a girl, but whether I would ever call my own children that I have no idea…that’s a long way off yet! lol
6. Do you participate in any sports? From the age of 9 to 16 I played badminton for my county, I was ok but it all got a bit too competitive for my liking so I quit. I also played while I was in uni, but ever since, me and sport couldn’t have been any further from each other! I do enjoy walking though! 😉
7. Favourite Book? I’m not really much of a reader, so I don’t really have a favourite book, however when I was a child it had to be ‘The Jolly Christmas Postman’ and Enid Blyton’s ‘The Teddy Bear’s Tail’
8. Favourite Colour? I absolutely love Purple and Teal!!
9. Favourite Animal? It would have to be either a Polar Bear or Panda 🙂
10. Favourite perfume? It’s got to be DKNY Be Delicious, but I only like the Green one, I found the red and purple way too strong, but the Green is just perfect.
11. Favourite holiday? My favourite place to go on holiday is Palma Nova in Majorca, it’s not very exotic but it’s always somewhere I’ve had a fantastic and relaxing time and I just love it there.
12. Have you graduated High School? Yep, I left school in 2006…seems like a million years ago and makes me feel so old saying that! I would love to still be in school!!
13. Have you been out of the Country? Plenty of times… I’ve been to Florida, Majorca, Ibiza, Lanzarote,Gran Canaria, Paris, Dublin, along with various places in England (technically another country as I live in Wales 😉 )
14. Do you speak any other Languages? Well, technically I should be able to speak Welsh, seeing as I’ve been learning ever since I was about 7, but because I don’t speak it all the time it is something that I’ve lost a lot of my knowledge of. I do remember the odd thing now and again though.
15. Do you have any siblings? I have two brothers, both older than me, Steve and Barrie
16. What’s your favourite store? The shop’s I go to most often have to be Primark, New Look and H&M
17. Favourite Restaurant? It’s a bit lame and generic but I do have a soft spot for TGI Friday’s, I just can’t resist their Chicken Quesedilla!! Nom Nom!!
18. Did you like school? I really enjoyed school, I just loved learning, it sounds so lame but I miss it and although the usual school politics stuff is never fun, who’s popular, who’s not…blah blah, but meh I loved school!
19. Favourite YouTubers? There are so many people that I watch on YouTube but some of my favs would have to be… Steph from moreemilk , Grace from UglyFaceOfBeauty, Zoe from zoella280390, Becca from voussontbeauetbelle, Lillie from lillieloves and Kate from Dollybowbow but there are so many others I love too!!
20. Favourite Movie? My favourite film of all time is without doubt Back to the Future, for too many reasons to explain!!
21. Favourite Tv show? Ahhh there are too many to choose from, ever probably Friends, but close behind would have to be How I Met Your Mother and Frasier
22. Pc or Mac? I’m loyal to my PC, but only because I’m too poor to afford a Mac! I do enjoy using the mister’s Macbook from time to time though, but all it’s little gizmo’s do frustrate me
23. What phone do you have? I have a lovely old iPhone 3G which has a beautiful cracked screen feature 🙂
24. How tall are you? I’ve never been 100% sure, but I’m officially a short arse and either 5′ or 5’1.
13 Personal Questions:
1. What do you order at Starbucks? I hardly ever go, but when I do it’s usually a boring old hot chocolate, and without whipped cream otherwise it goes cold too quickly for my liking lol!
2. One thing in your closet you cannot live without? Lame but I pretty much live in jeans so they are a must have in my wardrobe
3. What’s one thing most people probably don’t know about you? Ummm well, one thing people never ever notice unless I tell them is that I don’t have my ears pierced. I don’t think I ever will either, and seeing as nobody ever notices I don’t really see the point! 😉
4. Name one thing you want to do before you die… I really want to visit California and San Francisco but also would love to go to New York.
5. What’s one food you cannot live without? Crisps… without doubt! I absolutely love crisps…I’d always pick them over chocolate… ooo crisps and sausage rolls!!
6. What quote/phrase do you live by? I can’t say there’s anything I really live by…I just go with the flow…oh wait! Is that one!? lol
7. What’s your most listened to song on itunes? I’d love to say it was something deep and interesting and cool, but I’ve just looked and it turns out to be Love Machine by Girls Aloud! How lame!!
8. What kind of style would you define yourself as having? I don’t think I really have a style, I wear what I feel comfortable in. I do wear quite a lot of ditsy floral print…and stripes I love stripes…though I don’t think they can really class as a style! lol
9. Favourite number? 3, I’m not sure why but it’s just always a number I’ve liked 🙂
10. Two Hobbies? Blogging and Ebaying!
11. Two Pet Peeves? People that eat with their mouth open and chomp, and tapping…
12. Guilty Pleasures? Glee… I can’t help it. It’s crap, I know it’s crap but I can’t help but watch it…
I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos lately and have seen this Tag circling about, and also my friend Aislinn at http://theambeauty.blogspot.com popped this on her blog, so I thought I’d give it a go myself just as a bit of fun and because I’ll probably never be brave enough to actually make a YouTube video, so here goes…
1. What’s a nickname only your family calls you?
My brother’s call me ‘Flo’ or ‘Flo Jo’ and ever since I was little my Mum has called me ‘Yonni’ lol
2. What’s a weird habit of yours?
I can’t really think of anything right now, but I’m sure there is something…
3. Do you have any weird phobias?
I don’t know if it’s really a phobia, but I hate having to touch paper either with wet hands, or after I’ve just washed and dried my hands. I also have a list of actor’s who I am terrified of…these being Michael Pitt, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Cillian Murphy and Devon Sawa (Casper when he turns into a human) *shudder*
4. What’s a song you secretly love to blast & belt out when you’re alone?
Recently I’ve been singing Cemetery by Charlie Simpson a lot, but that’s mainly because I’ve been listening to it to death. But otherwise I do break out into find myself singing ‘One more sleep til’ Christmas’ from a Muppet’s Christmas Carol quite a lot…even when it’s not Christmas 🙂
5. What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
I absolutely detest it when people chomp when they eat…cannot bare it, I have to leave the room if someone is doing it. Actually makes me want to hit something! It’s not hard to chew with your mouth closed!!!
6. What’s one of your nervous habits?
I rub my hands together quite a lot when I am nervous and I also touch my ears a lot too…
7. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
The left when I’m on my own, but whenever my boyfriend stays over he steals my side, very annoying!
8. What was your first stuffed animal & it’s name?
I can’t remember my first ever cuddly toy but my most cherished stuffed animal is a bear, who wears glow in the dark pyjamas and a night cap (which my brother cruelly pulled off!) and his name is ‘Glowy’ a.k.a ‘Glow Bear’ 🙂 and he still takes pride of place on my bed.
9. What’s the drink you always order at Starbucks?
I actually hardly ever go to Starbucks, but when I have I always order the plain old boring Hot Chocolate without whipped cream, because it makes it go cold too quickly and makes it too sickly! lol I’m so lame!
10. What’s the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
I wouldn’t say I really preach anything, but I’m definitely guilty of breaking the golden rule and not taking my make-up off before I go to bed.
11. Which way do you face in the shower?
Away from it, but sometimes I do turn around but not for long.
12. Do you have any weird body skills?
I can roll my tongue but that’s pretty much it lol
13. What’s your favorite comfort food that ‘bad’ but you love to eat it anyways?
Crisps, my achillies heel, oh and Sausage Rolls! YUMMERS!!!!!
14. What’s a phrase or exclamation you always say?
I always ‘okie doke’ when ever someone explains something to me, or asks me to do something.
15. Time to sleep!! What are you actually wearing?
If it’s warm weather I’ll wear PJ shorts and a vest top, if it’s a bit chilly I’ll wear long bottoms and a vest, and if it’s icy cold I’ll wear long sleeve and long bottom PJs 🙂