So I’ve been out of the blogging game for a while, with life going on as normal and work generally getting in the way of anything, I’ve barely found the time to do anything other than sleep and eat when … Continue reading
Today I’ve spent my day productively, sorting through my wardrobe, my storage boxes full of make up and nail polishes and coming to the conclusion that a clear out of all the things I never use, and never wear is … Continue reading
I’ve decided after a lot of spending, on a majority of things that I don’t need that for the next month I am going to try and avoid buying anymore clothes or make up. Quite frankly I have more than enough of both and I just think it’s about time that I start saving some money for the future. It also gives me a great chance to use up everything I already have cosmetics wise, and get some good use out of all the clothes that fill my wardrobe.
Having said that however, that doesn’t mean I can’t still wish for things so I’ll still be doing my weekly wishlist posts, just so I can lust over things even if it means I don’t actually buy them. All of the things I’ve picked this week are all under £20 which brings temptation, but I shall be strong!!!
A much cheaper and pretty impressive alternative for the ever so popular at the moment Zara shopping bag. I was pointed in the direction of this beauty by Gemma’s Haul video on YouTube. I think the quality looks decent and I prefer the smaller size of this than the Zara one. I’ve been looking for a decent black handbag that I can use everyday for a long while, but I going to hold off or at least maybe treat myself when I know I’ve put some money aside for my savings.
This has recently popped up in my local store, and if you’re a regular reader you’ll know I find it hard to resist a new nail polish! The beautiful mint green with silver sparkle running through it is just beautiful and is perfect for the summer. I think it would look great for toe nails with a cracking pair of sandals…that’s if we ever get the weather for them!
I’m a massive fan of anything MUA, especially their eyeshadow palettes. So I was super excited when I found out they were releasing a new neutral palette. It’s an uncanny dupe for Urban Decay’s ‘Naked’ Palette and an absolute steal for £4. The pigmentation is amazing and the colours are just up my street. This is probably the most likely thing to be the culprit of me breaking my ‘no spending’ rule and I can’t wait to get my hands on it! Sadly my local Superdrug’s range of MUA seems to be going downhill lately so I’m not expecting to see it in store anytime soon, so I might need to make an online order!
I’ve been having a bit of a thing for peplum lately, I find it so flattering for my ‘lack of curves’ petite frame, because the shape gives an amazing illusion of curves. This particular top comes in a range of colours…dangerous, as it can lead to multiple purchases of the same top in different colours but that coral really caught my eye. I also really like the burgundy version as I think it will be perfect for the Autumn/Winter season that lurks upon us, i’m suspecting burgundy to be huge next season! I tried this on in my local store, and the fit was amazing and I actually think for Topshop the price is pretty reasonable too.
What are you lusting after this week?
Thanks for reading! x
I’ve been having a bit of blog block lately so I thought just to keeps things fresh and ticking over, I’d post this little [TAG] blog which I’ve recently seen floating around YouTube. I know it’s not the usual for the blog but thought it would be nice to just mix things up a little bit 🙂
1.Do you have a middle name? I do indeed, it’s Joanna
2. What was your favourite subject in school? My favourite subject in school was always Media Studies, I studied it from GCSE (aged 16 onwards) and then went on to study it for A Level and at University 🙂 I also loved History at school.
3. What’s your favourite drink? It would have to be Lemon Fanta, just because it always reminds me of being on holiday in Spain.
4. Favourite song at the moment? Something I’ve been listening to a lot lately is the Glee version of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘I Don’t Wanna Know’, and also ‘Cemetary’ by Charlie Simpson
5. What would you name your children? I’ve always liked Joshua for a boy, and also like the name Penny for a girl, but whether I would ever call my own children that I have no idea…that’s a long way off yet! lol
6. Do you participate in any sports? From the age of 9 to 16 I played badminton for my county, I was ok but it all got a bit too competitive for my liking so I quit. I also played while I was in uni, but ever since, me and sport couldn’t have been any further from each other! I do enjoy walking though! 😉
7. Favourite Book? I’m not really much of a reader, so I don’t really have a favourite book, however when I was a child it had to be ‘The Jolly Christmas Postman’ and Enid Blyton’s ‘The Teddy Bear’s Tail’
8. Favourite Colour? I absolutely love Purple and Teal!!
9. Favourite Animal? It would have to be either a Polar Bear or Panda 🙂
10. Favourite perfume? It’s got to be DKNY Be Delicious, but I only like the Green one, I found the red and purple way too strong, but the Green is just perfect.
11. Favourite holiday? My favourite place to go on holiday is Palma Nova in Majorca, it’s not very exotic but it’s always somewhere I’ve had a fantastic and relaxing time and I just love it there.
12. Have you graduated High School? Yep, I left school in 2006…seems like a million years ago and makes me feel so old saying that! I would love to still be in school!!
13. Have you been out of the Country? Plenty of times… I’ve been to Florida, Majorca, Ibiza, Lanzarote,Gran Canaria, Paris, Dublin, along with various places in England (technically another country as I live in Wales 😉 )
14. Do you speak any other Languages? Well, technically I should be able to speak Welsh, seeing as I’ve been learning ever since I was about 7, but because I don’t speak it all the time it is something that I’ve lost a lot of my knowledge of. I do remember the odd thing now and again though.
15. Do you have any siblings? I have two brothers, both older than me, Steve and Barrie
16. What’s your favourite store? The shop’s I go to most often have to be Primark, New Look and H&M
17. Favourite Restaurant? It’s a bit lame and generic but I do have a soft spot for TGI Friday’s, I just can’t resist their Chicken Quesedilla!! Nom Nom!!
18. Did you like school? I really enjoyed school, I just loved learning, it sounds so lame but I miss it and although the usual school politics stuff is never fun, who’s popular, who’s not…blah blah, but meh I loved school!
19. Favourite YouTubers? There are so many people that I watch on YouTube but some of my favs would have to be… Steph from moreemilk , Grace from UglyFaceOfBeauty, Zoe from zoella280390, Becca from voussontbeauetbelle, Lillie from lillieloves and Kate from Dollybowbow but there are so many others I love too!!
20. Favourite Movie? My favourite film of all time is without doubt Back to the Future, for too many reasons to explain!!
21. Favourite Tv show? Ahhh there are too many to choose from, ever probably Friends, but close behind would have to be How I Met Your Mother and Frasier
22. Pc or Mac? I’m loyal to my PC, but only because I’m too poor to afford a Mac! I do enjoy using the mister’s Macbook from time to time though, but all it’s little gizmo’s do frustrate me
23. What phone do you have? I have a lovely old iPhone 3G which has a beautiful cracked screen feature 🙂
24. How tall are you? I’ve never been 100% sure, but I’m officially a short arse and either 5′ or 5’1.
13 Personal Questions:
1. What do you order at Starbucks? I hardly ever go, but when I do it’s usually a boring old hot chocolate, and without whipped cream otherwise it goes cold too quickly for my liking lol!
2. One thing in your closet you cannot live without? Lame but I pretty much live in jeans so they are a must have in my wardrobe
3. What’s one thing most people probably don’t know about you? Ummm well, one thing people never ever notice unless I tell them is that I don’t have my ears pierced. I don’t think I ever will either, and seeing as nobody ever notices I don’t really see the point! 😉
4. Name one thing you want to do before you die… I really want to visit California and San Francisco but also would love to go to New York.
5. What’s one food you cannot live without? Crisps… without doubt! I absolutely love crisps…I’d always pick them over chocolate… ooo crisps and sausage rolls!!
6. What quote/phrase do you live by? I can’t say there’s anything I really live by…I just go with the flow…oh wait! Is that one!? lol
7. What’s your most listened to song on itunes? I’d love to say it was something deep and interesting and cool, but I’ve just looked and it turns out to be Love Machine by Girls Aloud! How lame!!
8. What kind of style would you define yourself as having? I don’t think I really have a style, I wear what I feel comfortable in. I do wear quite a lot of ditsy floral print…and stripes I love stripes…though I don’t think they can really class as a style! lol
9. Favourite number? 3, I’m not sure why but it’s just always a number I’ve liked 🙂
10. Two Hobbies? Blogging and Ebaying!
11. Two Pet Peeves? People that eat with their mouth open and chomp, and tapping…
12. Guilty Pleasures? Glee… I can’t help it. It’s crap, I know it’s crap but I can’t help but watch it…
It’s come to that time of the month when you start realising how skint you really are, and when your next pay day feels a million miles away. And it’s always at that time, that you see loads of things you’d love to buy but there is no way in hell you can afford it… Well this blog is a chance for me to express the items I’d love to buy but can’t right now, but things that perhaps I can look forward to getting when I do eventually get paid! (“,) Even though I’m trying to save to be able to move out a.s.a.p!
Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel (Various prices on eBay)
This is actually no longer available in shops but I spotted someone selling it on eBay a few days ago, and remembered how lush it was when I bought it way back at around Christmas in 2007 (when i was a much richer student!!) The pretty sparkles inside it immediately drew me to it then, and then when I smelt it, it was even bloody better!! It’s lovely and fruity but also quite sweet from what I can remember and a pleasure to use! Like I said, I’ve seen a few floating about on eBay but because it’s been discontinued people seem to think they can charge the earth for it and so I’ll just keep wishing for a little while yet.
Nica Mink Quilted Twist Lock Bag (£18.99)
Again something else I spotted on eBay and fell in love with instantly! I have the purse that matches it and love the vintage look clasp and lock on it. I’m an absolute sucker for Nica handbags, I already have 3 and adore them all, and love the quirky linings they always have inside. Would love to complete the set, but although it’s only £18.99 (or best offer) which is pretty reasonable for a Nica handbag, I still can’t afford it right now. Soon my purse shall have it’s matching friend, SOON!!
Topshop Nails – Causing a Stir (£5)
Absolutely love this coral colour, which has been my absolute favourite all summer and most tops in my wardrobe right now are coral. I love so many of the Topshop nail polish shades but this one always catches my eye whenever I’m looking at them in the shop. It’s kind of in between two Barry M nail polishes I already have ‘Coral’ and ‘Peach Melba’ and I just think it would look great on my toe nails with my tan sandals (“,) I also love the cute packaging hehe. At £5 it’s a little more than I usually would spend on nail polish but maybe next pay day I’ll treat myself!
Tigi Bed Head Foxy Curls Shampoo & Conditioner (£8.99)
This stuff smells absolutely amazing and does wonders for my tired and battered curls which get straightened to death most days. When I do feel like a curly day, it gets rid of the frizz and leaves my curls manageable and with plenty of bounce. The smell is also delicious, smells like sweeties. The conditioner is also really lightweight so doesn’t way my hair down. I’m coming towards the end of my current bottles (which I’ve had for ages!) and hoping they will last me at least until next pay day because at £8.99 + postage on eBay and even more in salons, I can’t justify paying that much for shampoo right now. Although when I do decide to get some I won’t feel so bad because it will last me ages, and works brilliantly!
Peacocks Navy & White Stripe Vest (£12)
This caught my eye when I was shopping with my Mam in Cardiff on Thursday. It’s super cute and just my sort of thing. I love the quirky flower buttons and navy and white strips are my favourite, always think they look really smart together. Think it would look great tucked into a pair of high waisted shorts and also great with jeans (“,) Lack of funds again stopped me from buying it but I’ll definitely be keeping a look out for it again in the future!
Anything you really want this month but just can’t afford it right now? Let me know, would love to hear you’re wish lists (“,)